1. The Website uses technology to collect information about its use by users, to distinguish between users, to help us provide you with the best possible experience and to allow us to improve the Website and the service we offer. This means that when you visit our Website, cookies or similar technologies will be placed on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device. This cookies policy explains:
- the choices you can make about whether we can put some types of cookies on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device.
For the purposes of this cookies policy when we refer to “personal data” we mean data which identifies or may identify you as an individual, which may include for example your name or online identifiers such as your IP address.
2. Cookies – What are they?
- A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device when you visit a website or use an application. Cookies are then sent back to the Website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, and allow the website to recognize the user’s device. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies.
- When you restart your browser and return to the Website, the Website will not recognize you and you will have to log back in (if login is required) or select your unique preferences/settings again.
- Other cookies remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. Expiration dates are set within the cookies themselves, and some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after many years. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. Our Website uses both session and persistent cookies.
- Cookies allow us to recognize users (where appropriate), tailor the content of our Website to fit the needs of our Website’s visitors and helps us improve the user experience. Without certain types of cookies enabled, we cannot guarantee that the Website and your experience of it are as we intended it to be.
- If you visit our Website, we will deploy cookies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect, as well as to prevent and detect fraud and keep your connection secure. When you visit our Website from any device (mobile, tablet, PC), we collect information about your use of the Website, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution, etc.), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from.
5. Cookie Categories - this section explains each cookie category in more detail and how you can control their use. The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our Website:
- Session cookies - these are temporary cookies which only exist, during the time you use the Website (or more strictly, until you close the relevant browser). Session cookies help our Website remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the Website.
- Persistent cookies - these are cookies which stay on your device after you have closed your browser and remain in your browser’s subfolders until they expire or you delete them. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
We also categorize our cookies to help our customers understand the specific reason for each cookie:
- ESSENTIAL COOKIES - these are cookies that are essential for us to provide a service you have requested and to provide a secure online environment. Without these cookies we may unable to provide some services that you might request. Other “essential” cookies keep our Website secure.
- PERFORMANCE COOKIES (tracking Website performance) - these cookies collect aggregated information and they are not used to identify you. We use this type of cookie to understand and analyze how visitors use and explore our Website and look for ways to improve it. We use these cookies to track our sites and plugins performance across the globe.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES (giving you a better online experience) - these cookies remember your preferences and tailor the Website to provide enhanced features. Without these cookies, we cannot remember your choices or personalize your online experience. We use this type of cookies to: make login faster by recognizing you if you are logged into the Website; and remember relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly.
- TARGETING COOKIES - these cookies are usually third-party cookies from marketing partners used to deliver advertisements relevant to you and your interests both on the Website and on other websites. These cookies can track your browsing history across the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
6. First and third party cookies - whether a cookie is first or third party depends on where it comes from:
- First party cookies are set by the Website you visit/use.
7. Keep in mind:
- Some of our cookies collect data for more than one use. We will only use these cookies for their essential purposes unless you have given your consent to any other uses they have.
- Turning off one or more types of cookies will not delete any that have been downloaded in the past. We may still use data we collected up to that point, but will stop collecting new data.
- You can turn off or delete cookies in your browser. If you do this, it may affect sites that use similar cookies to us.
8. How to control and delete cookies:
- Cookies help you get the most out of our Website.
- However, you can set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to be notified when you are sent a cookie and therefore, choose whether or not to accept it.
- You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our Website at any time.
- On your first visit to the Website you will have seen a pop-up to inform you that cookies are being used when you proceed with using the Website. Although this pop-up will not usually appear on subsequent visits you may withdraw your cookie consent at any time by changing your browser or device settings.